It’s June 18th and it’s no longer early. Aaron Judge is truly good, the Cubs aren’t the team they were last year, the Astros aren’t either. Below are five bold predictions I have for the rest of the season.
1. Chris Archer is traded to the Cubs
The Cubs desperately need pitching, especially controllable pitching, with Arrieta and Lackey set to become free agents. Look for them to try to attempt acquiring Archer.
2. Cody Bellinger leads the league in home runs.
Bellinger has absolutely raked this season since his callup. He currently ranks third in the league in home runs, but surpasing Judge will not be easy.
3. Aaron Judge does not win AL MVP. But neither does Trout, as Betts pulls away with a strong second half.
This one isn’t too bold in the fact that Mookie will win MVP but it’s more that Judge will not win MVP after his amazing start.
4. Lance McCullers wins AL Cy Young
McCullers currently has a 2.58 era on the season with a 6-1 record and 89 strikeouts.
5. Anthony Rizzo wins NL MVP
This one is pretty bold, Rizzo is hitting just .259 on the season but is turning things around, hitting .365 in June. Look for him to continue being hot and take this hardware.