Check out PristineAuction.com for authentic, affordable collectibles and to start bidding on items for free.
The MLB season is in full swing and we are getting ready to reach the start of the summer of the long baseball season. June is a few days away and that means that we are inching closer and closer to the trade market heating up in its classic summer form. With my knowledge, I’ve mapped out multiple trades that I think could happen during the trade deadline. So without further ado, let’s get into my early trade deadline predictions. And we will surely look back at this in July and see if I was right with any of my predictions. Let’s go!
- The Boston Red Sox acquire catcher J.T. Realmuto and second baseman Starlin Castro from the Miami Marlins.
- The Philadelphia Phillies acquire third baseman Josh Donaldson from the Toronto Blue Jays in exchange for multiple young, talented prospects.
- The Cleveland Indians acquire reliever Kelvin Herrera from the Kansas City Royals in exchange for a prospect or two.
- The Atlanta Braves acquire third baseman Mike Moustakas and veteran starter Ian Kennedy from the Kansas City Royals.
- The New York Yankees acquire reliever Brad Hand from the San Diego Padres.
- The New York Yankees acquire left handed starter Patrick Corbin from the Arizona Diamondbacks.
- The Chicago Cubs acquire right handed starter Chris Archer from the Tampa Bay Rays.
- The Milwaukee Brewers acquire first baseman Justin Bour from the Miami Marlins.
- The Houston Astros acquire left handed reliever Zach Britton from the Baltimore Orioles.
- The Los Angeles Angels acquire left handed starter J.A. Happ from the Toronto Blue Jays.
- The Cleveland Indians acquire veteran outfielder Adam Jones from the Baltimore Orioles.
- The Los Angeles Dodgers acquire utility specialist Jed Lowrie from the Oakland Athletics.
- The Milwaukee Brewers acquire veteran lefty Cole Hamels from the Texas Rangers.
- The Philadelphia Phillies acquire right handed reliever Brad Brach from the Baltimore Orioles.
- The Seattle Mariners acquire veteran second baseman Brian Dozier from the Minnesota Twins.
- The Milwaukee Brewers bring back veteran catcher Jonathan Lucroy in a trade with the Oakland Athletics.
- The Cleveland Indians acquire second baseman Scooter Gennett from the Cincinnati Reds.
- Despite the Orioles being huge sellers at the deadline, they hold off on swinging a deal trading away All-Star shortstop Manny Machado.