Check out PristineAuction.com for authentic, affordable collectibles and to start bidding on items for free.
Trade talk is getting very interesting right now as NHL GMs have some hard decisions to make, whether that be contracts, what players they protect so they are not vulnerable to expansion draft selections, or big trades as they try to rebuild or get something out of a potential expansion draft selection.
A look at the top 10 players who might get traded
- Carey Price – (G) Montreal – Price has one year left on his contract, and as he is the best goalie in hockey, he will need to be paid like the best goalie in hockey. Although he wants to stay in Montreal, they might never win a championship because they can not correctly build the team in front of him.
2. Matt Duchene – (C) Colorado – Matt Duchene needs a change of scenario. GM Joe Sakic realizes this and has made it known he is on the trading block for the right deal. Duchene is still a top level center. Sakic is looking for a young defender, two prospects, and maybe a first round pick.
3. Jonas Brodin – (D) Minnesota – Could get traded so he is not taken away for nothing in expansion draft. Matt Dumba could also get moved instead of Brodin.
4. Sami Vatanen – (D) Anaheim – One of the most prominent puck moving defenders at a young age. Anaheim has a very young, and skilled group of defenders. They are bound to lose one in the expansion draft, so Vatanen could be the one who is dealt. Might be harder because he is injured for the start of the season.
5. Ilya Kovalchuk – New Jersey – Pending his return to the NHL, which is likely to happen, he could be doing a sign and trade. Kovalchuk is one of the best snipers in the game, but left New Jersey for the KHL in 2013.
6. Marc-Andre Fleury- (G) Pittsburgh – With Matt Murray the young and extremely talented goaltender of the Penguins future, it is possible the Pittsburgh could lose Fleury in the expansion draft. There are some teams that are interested in trading for him, like Calgary or Winnipeg. Both teams do not have a number one goalie, and Fleury would fit right in.
7. Jordan Eberle – (RW) Eberle just could not produce in the playoffs, and many people believe that is why they lost in the second round. Eberle was an early pick in his draft year, but has not been playing like it. Fans want him to be moved, but what is his value worth?
8. Antti Raanta – (G) New York Rangers – Another solid backup goalie that could get taken in the expansion draft. It is possible he gets traded to a team looking for a goalie.
9. Phillip Grubauer – (G) Washington – One of the best backup goalies in the league, who could be a Number one goalie on a team. He will be exposed in the expansion draft, so Washington could trade him to get something in return.
10. Evander Kane – (LW) Buffalo – Troubled forward with a big cap hit, but decent offensively. Able to put up 20-30 goals a year.