The PSF CFB pick’em crew is back for the first week and a half of Bowl Game season. The CFP Committee released the final edition of their rankings for this season and they definitely did not make everybody happy. Ohio State may have gotten snubbed and Alabama got lucky. Georgia earned their spot with a win over Auburn and Clemson and Oklahoma both carved out their conference championship game opponents. This week, the PSF CFB staff is going to pick all of the Division 1 Bowl Games from December 16th to December 26th (NCAA FBS). Next week, we will release our second round of Bowl Game picks. So heading into this first round of our bowl game picks, let’s take a look at the updated standings and postseason format for the PSF College Football Weekly Pick’em!
Standings and Matchups for Bowl Game Season:
- Jon Butler
- Tristan Beckmann
- Chris Chastain
- Dustin Beard
- Eric Jensen
- Jack Geary III
- Heath Kyser
- Brian Willis
Consolation Bowl Bracket:
The PSF Endzone Podcast Bowl:
#5 Eric Jensen vs. #8 Brian Willis
The PSF Wildwangz Bowl:
#6 Jack Geary III vs. #7 Heath Kyser
Note: The winners of each consolation bowl game will face off in a fifth place championship game during our second round of Bowl Game Picks.
Winners Bowl Bracket:
The PSF Winter Classic Bowl:
#1 Jon Butler vs. #4 Dustin Beard
The PSF Mango Bowl:
#2 Tristan Beckmann vs. #3 Chris Chastain
Note: The winners of each bowl game will face off in a championship game for Round 2 of our Bowl Game Picks.
It’s simple, the two analysts in each matchup will face off in a head to head pick’em. The analyst with more correct picks overall during the round will advance on.
And don’t forget to check out all of our writers and experts on Twitter:
- Tristan Beckmann (@TristanBeckmann)
- Eric Jensen (@Eric18Utah)
- Jon Butler (@DadSox)
- Dustin Beard (@DBeard13)
- Heath Kyser (@HeathKyser)
- Brian Willis (@RealBrianWillis)
- Jack Geary III (@JackGeary32)
- Chris Chastain (@ChrisPSF)
Now let’s get into our consensus picks for the first round of Bowl Games!
Consensus Picks (Winners in bold):
- Troy over North Texas.
- Colorado State over Marshall.
- FAU over Akron.
- #23 USF over Texas Tech.
- Toledo over Appalachian State.
Now let’s take a look at the rest of the games that our staff picked as part of the first round of Bowl Games:
- Western Kentucky over Georgia State. Jon Butler, Eric Jensen, and Heath Kyser were the only writers who picked Georgia State to win.
- Oregon over #25 Boise State. Tristan Beckmann, Chris Chastain, and Brian Willis were the only writers who picked #25 Boise State to win.
- Middle Tennessee State over Arkansas State. Tristan Beckmann, Brian Willis, and Eric Jensen were the only writers who picked Arkansas State to win.
- SMU over Louisiana Tech. Jack Geary III was the only writer who picked Louisiana Tech to win.
- FIU over Temple. Dustin Beard, Eric Jensen, Heath Kyser were the only writers who picked Temple to win.
- NEUTRAL: OHIO OR UAB. Split 4-4.
- Wyoming over Central Michigan. Brian Willis was the only writer who picked Central Michigan to win.
- San Diego State over Army. Jack Geary III and Jon Butler were the only writers who picked Army to win.
- Fresno State over Houston. Jack Geary III and Eric Jensen were the only writers who picked Houston to win.
- NEUTRAL: WEST VIRGINIA OR UTAH. Split 4-4.
- Duke over Northern Illinois. Jon Butler and Dustin Beard were the only writers who picked Northern Illinois to win.
- NEUTRAL: UCLA OR KANSAS STATE. Split 4-4.
Thanks for reading! We hope you enjoyed! Let us know what you think about our picks and give us your picks on Twitter! Peace out!