Welcome to the weekly edition of CFB upsets. As always we will be ranking the weekly upsets. From the Best, Most impactful to the Meaningless games. However, This week we didn’t have very many upsets with meaning. Without further ado lets get into these rankings:
- #25 Memphis 42, Houston 38: All stats would lead you to think Houston was the better football team. But this game came down to the 2 critical Kyle Postma turnovers.
- Fresno State 27, San Diego State 3: The Aztecs have fell completely off and officially have no chance at a New Years six bowl game. San Diego tried to lean on their run game and it failed them. There seemed to be no trust in Chapman.
- Louisville 31, Florida State 28: Vegas loves to overrate Florida State, that’s the true reason why this game is listed. But really. The score of this game was 3-1. Louisville didn’t turn the ball over at the same rate as FSU. And Lamar Jackson having a great, 0 turnover day. FSU must go 4-1 in their next 5 games just to make a bowl game
- Rutgers 14, Purdue 12: The Boilermakers are so unpredictable. Last time Purdue was on this list was when the Boilermakers went into Missouri and Stunned the hot tigers in blowout fashion. This week they go out and lose to the second worst Big Ten team in Rutgers. There just wasn’t enough consistency at Quarterback for the Boilermakers.
- Iowa State 31, Texas Tech 14: The Red Raiders for the first time this season left their offense at home. This was Nic Shimonek’s worst game of the season. Combine those 2 factors with losing the Turnover Margin 2-0 and chances are your going to take a loss.