Welcome to another edition of CFB Upsets. In this article we will rank the top 5 upsets from most stunning to the ones that no one should be shocked about. Of course this week most of you already know which upset will be ranked number 1 so without further ado lets get into it.
- Troy 24, #25 LSU 21: So shocking how much LSU missed Derrius Guice in this football game. The run game for LSU was far from great. But really, This game came down to LSU’s Defensive front allowing Trojans running back Jordan Chunn look like one of the top backs in college football. To be honest I thought LSU would make a Classic lower tier SEC school vs non power 5 school comeback. Shockingly it did not happen.
- #16 Washington State 30. #5 USC 27: What a huge victory for the Cougars. This game came down the Cougars forcing 2 Sam Darnold turnovers (1 Interception, 1 Fumble). It’s hard to say this but the heisman candidate quarterback is the reason the trojans lost this football game.
- Maryland 31, Minnesota 24: This is not a shocking upset at all, Minnesota could not find any success running the football today. that combined with the Golden Gophers QB failing to complete 50% of his passes along with 2 interceptions is all it takes. Plus their defense gave up OVER 250 RUSHING YARDS to Maryland running backs. Hard to be surprised at this one.
- Marshall 38, Cincinnati 21: Yup! Normally i wouldn’t put schools from these conferences in the upset article. But there just wasn’t that many upsets today in the Power 5 conferences. This game clearly came down to Cincinnati having 3 fumbles as a team. I doubt if we would have seen Marshall win the football game if the bearcats had just protected the football.
- New Mexico 56, Air Force 38: We need help getting a picture of getting Air Force Defensive Linemen so we can put out a missing persons report on each of them. If your a Defensive Linemen for the Air Force Falcons and your reading this. While you chose not to show up for the football game the New Mexico Lobos ran for 6 touchdowns on you. OVER 350 YARDS. I’m sure your team would love for you to show up next week.