Check out PristineAuction.com for authentic, affordable collectibles and to start bidding on items for free.
Welcome to another edition of Ranking the upsets in college football. As you remember last there were so few upsets in FBS that we went into FCS games. This week we won’t have to do that. As there were 2 top 10 ranked teams that fell to their opponents. so without further ado lets jump into the rankings
- Iowa State 38. #3 Oklahoma 31: Oklahoma’s defense was exposed in this loss. Playing a backup QB in Kyle Kempt. The sooners could not get any pressure on Kempt. This loss basically takes Oklahoma out of the CFB Playoff discussion and i’d be surprised if Baker Mayfield is leading the heisman race.
- Michigan State 14, #7 Michigan 10: Michigan QB John O’Korn was terrible on Saturday night. And when your team combines 5 turnovers you’re not winning the football game. O’Korn threw for under 40% of his passes and for 3 interceptions. Michigan’s defense was spectacular under the circumstances. This upset wasn’t shocking based on the fact that Michigan has been struggling against opponents that it shouldn’t be.
- #24 NC State 39, #17 Louisville 25: This team loss combined with Lamar Jackson not having a great game basically takes the Cardinal QB out of heisman trophy race. We didn’t learn anything in this game on the Louisville side. We already knew Lamar Jackson has to be nearly perfect for the Cardinal to win football games. This NC State win likely means that the Wolfpack’s showdown with Clemson in 2 weeks will be for the ACC Atlantic title
- Arizona 45, Colorado 42: Arizona QB Khalil Tate rushed for a stunning 327 yards and 4 touchdowns. Let me remind you that was just his RUSHING stats. There’s not a whole lot to discuss in a game where a QB rushes for over 300 yards and 4 touchdowns. The opponent will lose 9 times out of 10.
- South Carolina 48, Arkansas 22: South Carolina’s defense scored 3 touchdowns in this game. The whole arkansas team scored 22 points. It’s a little surprising that Arkansas didn’t pound the football more. The razorbacks will need to go on a run if their going to make a run for a bowl game with Auburn and Alabama coming up over the next few weeks
Thanks for reading! Come back next week for the week 7 edition