Check out PristineAuction.com for authentic, affordable collectibles and to start bidding on items for free.
Oh my wasn’t today’s CFB action good? Games that we thought would be close we’re blowouts and vice versa. with that being said it’s time to rank the Upsets that we witnessed today.
1. Mississippi State 37, #12 LSU 7: Even after post Les Miles the offense doesn’t look improved. Derrius Guice is their offense. I understand Mississippi State is improved on Defense but their not Alabama’s defense. But in the end this came down to the QB Position. Nick Fitzgerald is clearly a better QB than Danny Etling. Miss State also has the better coaching staff. This game also told me that the LSU defense has been overrated. Holding BYU and Chattanooga to a total of 1 touchdown isn’t that hard. Welcome to SEC play, LSU.
2. Memphis 48, #25 UCLA 45: This was bound to happen. This UCLA team has been overrated because it got lucky vs Texas A&M (Speaking of, How did Kevin Sumlin keep his job at halftime today?). I like Josh Rosen but UCLA doesn’t have a run game to speak of. That’s really how this game was lost.
3. San Diego State 20, #19 Stanford 17: Let’s face it, Stanford doesn’t have a dynamic running back that’s used in the passing and running game. That and Keller Chryst going 0-2 (TD-INT) for just 72 yards is what made the difference in this game. Waited through a 19 minute power outage to see this. what a joke.
4. Vanderbilt 14. #18 Kansas State 7: Out of all the upsets this one meant the most. There’s a lot of momentum going for this Vanderbilt school. I am becoming a fan of Kyle Shurmur. He’s showing us that he’s one of the nations top quarterbacks. But this game came down to the Vanderbilt defense shutting down Kansas State QB Jesse Ertz. He looked off all night. 10-28 and 2 interceptions.
5. California 27, Ole Miss 16: The game changer was the rookie kicker for Ole Miss. Missed multiple field goals. Without the missed Field goals it would have been a 5 point game. Plus poor protection of Shea Patterson. Patterson has to take some blame for the 3 interceptions
6. Purdue 35, Missouri 3: I’m not surprised Purdue pulled off the upset, However i am surprised that what seemed to be high powered Missouri offense was held to 3 points. Drew Lock isn’t who he was announced to be after the Missouri State blowout.
7. Northern Illinois 21. Nebraska 17: When you read into the stats, this upset isn’t surprising at all. Nebraska QB Tanner Lee Threw 3 Interceptions. Anytime your Quarterback throws 3 interceptions it’s probably going to result in a loss.
Chris Chastain @ChrisPSF on twitter