Check out PristineAuction.com for authentic, affordable collectibles and to start bidding on items for free.
1. The Falcons are 3-2 but should be very worried. When you allow Jay Cutler to come back on you that is simply unacceptable when the worst passer in the league puts up 130 yards on you. Matt Ryan continues to struggle throwing an awful interception to finish the game. This team lacks something, there is no mojo, and it only gets worse. Next week they play the team that made them the joke of the offseason, the Patriots.
2. The NFC North is up for grabs and the NFC is wide open after Aaron Rodgers injury. It is awful to see Rodgers one of the league’s best players out, a broken collarbone in his throwing shoulder. Rodgers is ultimately my favorite non Bronco (my team) player in the league in fact he will be the number one QB in my QB rankings this week but won’t be there after this week because he is most likely out for the year. The pressure falls on Brent Hundley now, it’s prove it time for the young kid. Meanwhile now the NFC North is wide open and the favorites have to be the Vikings who are just as capable of winning with Case Keenum as they are with Sam Bradford, it helps they have a top 5 defense.
3. The Saints have a great defense a top 15 defense. Don’t get fooled by the score line the points came for Detroit on special teams, off turnovers and in garbage time. The Saints d hit Matthew Stafford 12 times and sacked him 6 times. Not to mention 3 defensive scores including 2 pick sixes. Hot take, the Saints are the favorite in this division right now.
4. A bad call ripped away the biggest upset of the year from the Jets. That was a touchdown. Terrible calls aside the New England defense got gouged for 3/4s of this game by the Jets offense especially Austin Sefarian Jenkins who had 46 yards and a touchdown, not to mention Josh McCown threw for 357 yards. Unfortunately, Tom Brady is an NFL QB that exists and he dominated the second half.
5. The Niners are a better team with CJ Beathard. Brian Hoyer was pulled early in this game and CJ Beathard threw for 245 yards a touchdown and a pick. The Washington football team however blundered through the third quarter but in the end are good enough to win close games. I have faith in these Skins they’ll fix the problems.
6. Jordan Howard is an underrated beast 36 carries and 167 yards all day. The guy is fatigue proof, he also helps Mitchell Trubisky who made a big touchdown throw to give the Bears a lead. Trubisky shows flashes, but he still hasn’t shown me a Deshaun Watson level of potential yet.
7. Speaking of the Texans, they are going to be fine without there two defensive stars because there deep. Jadaveon Clowney, Brenardrick Mckinney, and Johnathan Joseph dominated the Browns as they should. The Will Fuller connection with Deshaun Watson is special. The Texans aren’t dead in the water yet. The Browns are.
8. Adrian Peterson is still Adrian Peterson and that is very good for a Cardinals team that is suddenly back in playoff contention. When Carson Palmer has time because the opponent is afraid of the run he can dominate. The Offensive line also continues to improve. On the Buccaneers side of the ball Jamies Winston was flat out outplayed by Ryan Fitzpatrick who came in a backup role, after Winston was injured. Winston has been mediocre the entire year and is a lock to make 2 killer mistakes a game. I smell a QB controversy in Tampa.
9. The Rams bounced back in a big way coming back to beat the Jaguars. This game taught us two things, the Rams can win in multiple ways and the Jaguars can’t fall behind. Despite this loss the Jags d continued to play like a top ten team on that side of the ball and Calais Campbell added two more sacks to his defensive player of the year campaign.
10. Lev Bell is alive and well and Alex Smith should be the front runner for MVP. Bell had 179 yards and dominated time of possession as the Steelers got back to the offense that works best for them, run first. Rothlisberger has lost something but Bell and a dominant defense that shut down Kareem Hunt can carry the load for the Steelers. With Aaron Rodgers gone and Tom Brady not lighting up the score board, not saying he’s a bad QB don’t freak out Patriots fans, Alex Smith is the front runner for MVP. Smith led a furious fourth quarter come back on his own with a fourth quarter deep shot to Deanthony Thomas for a touchdown. The Chiefs have a short turn around before they go play the Raiders Thursday night. Speaking of the Raiders.
11. Even with Derek Carr out the Raiders offense continues to struggle. Derek Carr doesn’t look healthy. He was sluggish in the pocket and his throwing motion looks off. Makes sense he only put up 171 yards and 2 interceptions to one touchdown. For the Chargers this is a big win that suddenly puts them right back in the race to catch up to 500 before mid season.
12. This is the most embarrassing Broncos loss of the past 10 years. Super Bowl 48 there was always potential for collapse. This was a Giants team that was 0-5 missing there wide recievers and playing terribly on defense, and offense. So, they went into Denver and dominated the Broncos. You knew from the first drive where the Giants marched down the field and got an easy 3 points, this was going to be a long night for the Broncos. It just kept getting worse though we saw Brock Oswieler get snaps and Trevor Siemian injure his non-throwing shoulder. The Broncos are going 7-9, you heard it here first, and I’m a Broncos fan.